Thanks for your interest in becoming an MCAT tutor with MCAT Mastery!
When you join the MCAT Mastery family, you're stepping into a bigger vision. We want to make a positive impact in the world, by making a positive impact in the lives of every future doctor we come across. We want our students to see the MCAT as a training ground, one where they can develop habits and mindsets that will not only serve them in improving their MCAT score, but will also serve them when they get into med-school, when they become doctors, when they become parents, and and when they become leaders in their communities. All of our tutors share this same passion.
We play the role of coaches, mentors, and friends, just as much as tutors. We aim to provide our students with all of the world's best MCAT study and test-taking advice/strategies, but also support them in times when they're feeling defeated, frustrated, discouraged, and anxious. We encourage our students to take care of themselves on a physical, mental, and emotional level. We often encourage and hold our students accountable to perform healthy habits like getting enough sleep, staying in a positive frame of mind, getting enough exercise, etc.
We have yet to see an MCAT tutoring company who is focused on fast score increases. Why? Because it doesn't make sense from a business perspective - if you got someone their end result in <10 tutoring sessions, then they don't buy more sessions. But if you take your time in every session, teach content instead of strategy, talk strategy more than show how it's done through actual live practice sessions, then students increase their scores slowly. They see it working so they keep coming back.
We don't believe in taking advantage of students like that. Even though it doesn't help the bottom line. Why? Because we're students ourselves. Most of us are in med-school and we know exactly what it's like to feel like you have no choice but to pay an arm and a leg just so you can move closer to your dream of being a doctor. We want to be doctors so we can help others. We're starting now.
Our focus is 90% on strategy. We don't like to waste time during sessions. We communicate with our students even outside of scheduled sessions for one-off questions and for encouragement/support. We encourage our students to not come to us with questions about content and understanding concepts (we tell them to learn that for free on KA), but to come to us with questions on planning, studying gaps, practice tests, etc.
- Someone who has truly struggled during MCAT prep, but still managed increase their scores to a competitive mark. Someone who can empathize with their students while also being an inspiration.
- Someone who is passions for making a lasting impact in each student's life on every level
- Someone who achieved a competitive MCAT score (515+)
- Someone who achieved an extremely fast score increase
- Someone willing to go above and beyond for their students and their MCAT scores
- Someone comfortable with all 4 sections of the MCAT
- Someone with prior teaching, tutoring, or mentoring experience
- Someone who has an engaging and positive personality
- You can set your own schedule and work around what's important in your life. A lot of our tutors are in med-school and all of them have different hours they prefer to work. We'll take care of the details. You can set up your availability calendar however you want.
- Work from anywhere you want. All of our tutoring is done online through web conferencing software!
- We'll make sure you get perfectly matched with your student; someone who you'll be the perfect mentor for, so you can be sure to have a fulfilling experience working with them.
- We don't impose some strict curriculum that you have to teach from. You have the ability to design and deliver your own MCAT study plan. We'll work with you and provide some best practices that have been proven to result in fast score increases for our students.
- Competitive pay rate (can vary based on score and experience)
If you're ready to apply, fill out the form below! Give us as much detail as you can and we'll be in touch 🙂
We look forward to meeting you!